Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Day has Come

Well this is it.  I have been awake for 30 minutes and I'm already gasping for water.  I usually drink a liter in the morning.  So I have 1 hour 30 minutes to kill.  Maybe I will take a long bath...let the twins float around for a bit.  They may not be allowed to swim for a few days after the surgery.  I'm really tired and feeling a bit anxious.  I don't know why I'm anxious. It is nothing that can be pinpointed.  Oh well, I'll be as high as two hippies soon enough.  Also, for information purposes, I am very slow to come back from sedation.  I must really enjoy it and it takes many hours to wake me sometimes.  If you hear nothing for a long time that is why.  Well, I guess I should pack a few things and make sure all my technological gear is fully charged because I see many hours of boredom in the near future.  I need to give the dogs a nice cuddle and create the worlds longest "Honey-to-Do" List for Hannah and Chris before I go.  I don't want them to be bored - lol. Enjoy your day and think of me as I will look after surgery.  Walking around all lopsided :o)

Cheers
Jeannie

PS.  Not to sound like a horrible cow but I don't want visitors okay.  I will need the constant-interuptions-of-the-staff-at-the-hospital-rest-time.  When I get home I will post (someone will post) when I am ready for phone calls and visits.  You are certainly welcome to call the house and talk to Hannah or Chris for an update.  They will be pleased to update you.  However, if they ask if you can come and help remove the chains from their ankles and locks off the doors  - Just say NO.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Chains! Love your sense of humor. Sending you tons of luck n love! been thinking of you all night and will be thinking of you all day.XXOOXXOOXX

oh and do your honey do lists actually get done? My DH seems to think he gets a choice and does the easiest on the list. ;)

kellyeb40 said...

Sounds like you are starting to feel a sense of relief and continued positivity. Your an inspiration, Jeannie. Looking forward to the rest of your recovery updating.
Kelly
xoxo