Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 5 - post-op pictures

Hurrah today I can remove my steri-strips! Umm, yes I did remove them last night. They made me so itchy.    As you can see I made it through the night and my insides stayed put. I don't know if the bruising is from surgery or from 'over doing it'. Anyway, it feels great and I am sure in another week it will be back to normal. So here is the fun part - my scars! You know you want to look :o

The top cut just under my armpit is the location where the sentinel node was removed. Remember, this is a relatively new procedure used to avoid randomly removing lymph nodes that may or may not be affected by cancer.  The sentinel node is the initial node that will be fed by the cancer cells. If that isn't affected, then the nodes beyond that will be clean also.
Similar shot to below..the longer scar is from the partial mastectomy.

Shooting my own breast while hiding my nipple is hard

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Ouch, those bruises look awful sore.Glad to hear you are doing so well! You are a true inspiration. Hugs n Hershey's!

Anonymous said...

How can anyone not be inspired by your upbeat attitude would be beyond me....Thanks for sharing, since I can't be there in person..I still want to know how everything is going. Thanks so much for caring and sharing with your friends. Anita xoxoxoxo