Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 2 Post-Op

I have read so many nice posts, messages,  texts and comments about my positive attitude and determination to beat cancer.  I do have to say that not once since my diagnosis did I waiver in my thinking that perhaps I may not be okay.  Don't get me wrong.  I never said everything would work out perfectly, just that I would be okay.  Of course, my version of okay and someone else's version may differ. 

I absolutely cannot believe how well I feel today.  I don't hurt at all.  Not one little bit.  I am full of energy, enough to get me in trouble, and completely pain free.  I haven't felt this well in a long, long time.  I wonder if my body was telling me something for the last two years.  Now that the tumor is out I suddenly feel awesome.  Maybe it's just all in my mind but that's okay too.

By the way, most of you know I don't cry very often.  I haven't cried for a single moment about this little bump in my life.  However, I had a little jag in the surgery on Wednesday.  I cried over a needle.  Yup, a needle.  After all the needles and tests, one needle in my hand sent me over the edge.  There was some yelling and cursing and then a big cry.  OMG - it hurt so bad.  I tried to get off the table and told them I was going home.  LOL.  I was a little embarrassed when I saw Dr. MacMullin yesterday.  I apologized but he said there was no need and that everyone thought I was great. 

Anyway, if you are like me, you probably want to see the incision.  It is currently glued closed and steri-stripped but here is a picture anyway.  In three more days I can soak off the strips and we can all have a good gawk at it.  As for the position of my breasts, they look normal in a bra and a top but without either I am very lopsided and very obvious that I had a large piece of tissue removed. 

So, that's my update for today.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers, best wishes, food, flowers and messages of love.

Cheers
Jeannie

Day two - post op Sept 23, 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went well and you are feeling fine Jeannie. We have all been thinking about you and following your blog for updates. Keep your chin up! Sending good Karma your way.

Jennie (Lumsden)