Friday, November 4, 2011

Chemo #1 I feel good du du du du du du I knew that I would du du du du du du

Well that wasn't too bad at all. I sat in a recliner with a warm blanket over me...like hot from the dryer warm. So awesome. First they soak your hand in warm water to excite the veins. Then you get an IV and she did an awesome job with that. Then you get two anti-nausea drugs in the IV...then they flush the tubing. The first of the drugs is administered over a ten minute period. The nurse sits with you in case the fluid leaks out or any other problems arise. This drug can cause tissue damage so they have to be careful with it. Then they flush the tubing again. The final drug takes about 30 minutes to administer. They gave me buckets of hats to dig through and choose what I wanted. I chose a hat, a rag and a turban-like-thing to wear to bed. I have a week or so before I will need those things. Anyway, I'm actually getting sleepy so that's all for today. BTW, my pee was red from the drug and my throat is starting to feel tight...no nausea yet...fingers crossed it will remain that way.

Cheers
Jeannie

No comments: