Sunday, November 27, 2011

Icky Days are Here Again

Today is day #3 of chemo cycle #2. I feel off and on, ill and well, completely exhausted. Keeping my body at a comfortable temperature is complicated. My head gets cold if I don't wear a cap. My bed sweats, although not related to my treatments, do me no favours during sleep time. I am taking more medication this time to keep the nausea away. I don't know if it is working or not. When I eat I feel good...for a little while...then the nausea starts again. I really don't like this at all. I think we should be sedated for the first three days instead of going through these highs and lows. 

I have lost the majority of my hair on my head. My scalp is very dry. When I feel less pukey I am going to exfoliate the shit out of it. The hair on my legs and underarms finally stopped growing. Thankfully I still have my brows and lashes. Hurray for the little things. 

Dr. K. was away this week so I didn't get the results of the HER 2 test back yet. I only have one test between now and session #3. Just one blood test the day before chemo. This was lovely news. 

Ok. Well that is my update for now. Nothing exciting but this is my reminder as well because I am very forgetful. I will forget that I felt crappy and think the weekend went by with unicorns jumping through rainbows all the while feeding me marshmallow snowballs and homemade toffee.

Anyway...gotta go...well, stop typing because I am tired.

Cheers
Jeannie

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh Babygirl; I feel for you. Nausea sucks the big one. Nice to see your humor coming through your posts. Hope you feel soon. Always thinking of you.

Shelly said...

oops, hope you feel BETTER soon not feel soon.

Kelly Bent said...

Humor is a wonderful thing and there is always truth in it. Your rainbow pooping unicorns are just around the corner. Love Love Love
xoxoxo