Tuesday, November 22, 2011

From Drab to Fab

At the risk of over blogging I have to make a quick update. First, I must mention that my next surgery will be around the end of January/early February. I am actually looking forward to it. I relish the thought of having a coma induced nap and also the opportunity to pick out sutures again. Yes I know that I am a sick puppy.

The same day I saw Dr. M. my hair fell out. I was positive it wasn't going to happen on day 14 but it did...weird! One minute I had hair and quite literally the next minute it fell out in clumps and handfuls. My, umm, lady hair started falling out much earlier. Under my arms and my legs is thinner and weak but still friggen growing. I still have my eyebrows and lashes.

Also, one of my besties, Anita Morrison, took 1.4 million pictures of me the other day so I want to give her a shout out...thank you girl friend - love you!

Today was a super duper day. I went to the Look Good Clinic at the hospital. We played with makeup, talked amongst ourselves, drank tea and smoked crack. I left with a ton of makeup...good makeup...not clown crap. I had the horrors visualizing what I might look like when they finished with me. I wore a low brimmed hat and sunglasses to the class. I brought a large scarf so I could wrap my face just in case. Surprise, surprise...I looked great. I learned to use the gunk I didn't know how to use like foundation. Hurrah...what a difference this program must make to people with self confidence issues relating to the cosmetic side effects of chemo.

Anyway, gotta run. Have dinner with my mates in a bit. Once again, thank you for all the beautiful messages. Cross your fingers my white cells went back up because I have chemo Friday.  I will update Saturday. Take care of yourselves and each other !

Cheers
Jeannie

PS. I love being bald...I've looked better but don't care because it feels awesome!

No comments: