Monday, October 31, 2011

I am Superwoman!

MUGA Scan...ever hear of it? Me either. It is a test where radioactive material is injected into the blood stream and they record the actions of the heart. It's pretty simple. After the first injection you wait about 15 minutes and then receive the radioactive agent. You lay on a table and then the actions of the heart are monitored. Naturally I wanted to watch but had to lay still. However, when it was over she let me watch the videos. It was AWESOME. I have an honest-to-God human heart. It is made of flesh and blood not ice and stone. It appears to be perfectly healthy. If it isn't I am sure I will hear about it very soon. One of the chemo drugs can cause heart failure/damage therefore they need to make sure it is healthy before they damage it. So for the remainder of the day I am ever so slightly radioactive...just enough to allow me to be 'Super Woman' for Halloween.  Happy Halloween!

Cheers
Jeannie

1 comment:

jen morrison said...

WOW....radioactive girl.. i was going to ask you about that yesterday byt assumed it was ateest and you didn't have other info. watching the old ticker go is kinds cool