Friday, October 21, 2011

Bald is Beautiful????

They say that bald is beautiful. We will see about that. I'm not sure how beautiful I am going to feel with no hair and puke down the front of my t- shirt. Since the surgeon who will be sawing me open again is away I have to have chemotherapy immediately. After I pulled a face and dropped the lip Dr. K. finally agreed to let me go to Toronto this week instead of starting treatment. I will buy him something nice when I am away...cheap but nice.

Tuesday, November 1st is my chemo information session

Friday, November 4th is my first chemo treatment

While Dr. M. is away Dr. K. will pump the magic elixir into me every three weeks.  When Dr. M. returns he will either do the surgery between chemo appointments or wait until they are finished. I am torn about which would be better: being kicked while you are down or being kicked when you finally drag yourself back up to a standing position. Neither sounds appealing to me but it's going to happen whether I like it or not.

On a positive note I will not have to wash or colour my hair, shave my legs, tweeze my eye brows or pull any stray eye brows from my chin for four months :o)

Also, the violent barfing and shitting means what?  You said it - natural weight loss.

And finally, Leah promised to make me vodka popsicles to help my sore mouth.

So it's all good...life is good too but short so make the best of it.  Finally, book your mammograms!

Hugs to you all...Cheers
Jeannie

2 comments:

valerie boudreau said...

hey Jeannie your such a strong lady and i admire you if you need anything i'm here hun ,..... please call anytime hugssssssssssss and i believe you will be just as beautiful bald as you are now :

Anonymous said...

this is not bad at all my friend. yahoo