Thursday, October 20, 2011

No news does not mean good news

Today I met with Dr. MacMullin. I missed my original appointment because I thought it was tomorrow. Oops...oh well, I still got in. Thank you Dr. MacMullin!

Well, he had a new piece of information for me today. The margins were extremely close to the intraductal cancer so he wants to reopen my incision and cut out an additional centimeter all around the perimeter. Then that tissue goes through the same testing to see if there are cancer cells in it. The positive side of this news is that it was not the infiltrating cancer that was perched on the margin.

My option is this: chemo, radiation and an additional radiation boost to nuke the f#@k out of that area of the breast. Follow all that up with Tomixifan. I have three weeks to make my decision about this. If I don't develop an ulcer from all these decisions I never will!

Cheers
Jeannie

PS. Yes I am cranky today...

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi. Was just popping in to wish you luck tomorrow but I see you have already been to the Dr. Wow such a mix of news. Thinking of you always.
Shelly