Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tits, hips and hearts

Good afternoon everyone 
Today is day 6 post surgery #2. I feel terrific. I cannot remember the last time I blogged so I apologize in advance if I'm being repetitive. Long story short this surgery was similar to my initial surgery. It was another quadrantectomy. Two quarters make a half so i guess i can say i have a halfanectomy. I removed the bandage after two full days because this time the tape was threatening to eat through my skin and into my bones. I had a blistery rash that hurt and itched.  Combine that with the minor bruising pain of the tissues underneath I obviously had to remove my steri-strips yesterday. It felt so good to peel those off. I have a lot of sloshing in the breast which I noticed around day two or three. I went to see my favorite surgeon in the world, the amazing Dr. MacMullin to have the fluid drained.  Naturally, I didn't want a needle in the breast so I asked if the fluid would reabsorb. It will. It will take a long time but I chose that option. I would love to have watched just to see what was in there but not enough to actually wait for the needle to touch down.  So, it sounds like I have a hot water bottle in my top but that's okay by me. I aspirate a lump on my dog Casey's face every month or so. I love it. After the fluid is drained you can't see where the lump was. As I thought of that I imagined my breast deflating. I figured the fluid would keep it plumped up a bit. God knows its smaller than the other but not that uneven in my clothing. It would have looked like a little shelf otherwise; although convenient and a dream to have my own chest-shelf, I didn't think this was the time.  I pulled a stitch today. It was sticking out so I gave it a tiny little tug and it came out. It made me smile.

Some of you know that my grandmother broke her hip and wrist Friday, had surgery Sunday and a very bad heart attack Monday. We didn't expect her to last an hour. However, Supernanny is blowing the minds of everyone around her in the 'Hip, hip hooray' ward.  Although flatlining yesterday and left to allow nature to take its course, in a kind way of course not a negligent way, today she ate breakfast and lunch and was sitting on the side of the bed. She's not out of the woods yet but she's not going to go down without a fight. Way to go Nanny!

I would once again like to thank all the people who approach me and say the loveliest things. I really appreciate it. 

I should have the results back from my surgery in less than five more days.  I know they will be okay but want the proof on paper :o)

Sending out positive healing vibes to my new friend Theresa. Good luck Sister!

Cheers
Jeannie

No comments: