Thursday, February 2, 2012

Patiently Waiting! **Updated**

So I had my surgery yesterday. It went very well. I didn't want to wake up in recovery so I was at the hospital a bit longer than I expected. Actually, I knew I wouldn't wake as quick as they would like so it was no surprise to me. I managed to walk to the truck with Chris and felt pretty stable. When we pulled up to the house and I got out of the truck I nearly fainted. Chris ran to my side and kept me vertical-my hero. So he tucked me in bed and I slept on and off the rest of the day and night. Other than very blurry vision I felt very good and still do.

So curiosity got the better of me and I pulled off my shirt to have a gander at my chest this morning. The bandage is massive but I know that buried underneath it all is a horizontal scar that is glued shut. No biggie. However, here is the best part. My breast is small!!!!!! I know it's all taped up and stuff but he said he was removing an additional 3 cm all around and in my mind that didn't seem to amount to much. I had to take a picture to show you the difference. I am so excited I want to run up and down Charlotte Street and show everyone. I cannot wait until tomorrow to take off the bandage and let it fall naturally into place. So let me introduce you to my new slimmed down breast. I let the left one out of the turkey trap so you could see the difference. It's pretty impressive!

By the way that is not my nipple in the top right corner of the photo. It's my finger. My nip is farther north :o)

Cheers
Jeannie

PS. I have to mention that my boob is full of fluid and when I move it can be heard sloshing around. I think it's pretty cool but I don't think Chris was as impressed. He actually accused me of scarring him for life. Go figure!

No comments: