Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome to another day

Im all cuddled up watching Zumba, drinking tea and snuggling with my doggies. Again, how blessed am I? So far the nausea has stayed away and hope it never shows up. My final weigh in at chemo on Friday was 162 lbs. I gained 20 lbs since my surgery. So I have 30+ pounds to shed. I hope watching Zumba will help. Actually, it's making me sick watching it. I'm totally not ready for that yet!

On a serious note I want to emphasize that I know cancer is very serious. I have a very dear Aunt who finished her treatments for cancer in the Spring but apparently it didn't work. She was informed that the spots on her lungs are not treatable. I believe with lots of positive thoughts and prayers directed in her direction she will feel peace and comfort and perhaps even heal. Her name is Jenny and I would appreciate if everyone would add her to your prayer list.

I have a few things to add to the chemo side effect list that I forgot to add. One is a runny nose. Doesn't sound too bad does it. Remember what I said about losing all my hair...that included my nose hair. So while your nose drips gather in your nose hair and form boogers mine just drips out but only the left nostril. When I touch my nose (usually with my sleeve) as often as I do I develop a sore in my nose. It's the kind that makes your eyes water like you were peppers sprayed!

Did I mention the chemo brain yet? I forget everything. I eat lunch twice forgetting I already ate. Making tea takes forever. Normal tea routine: boil kettle, dump yesterday's tea bags out, add new ones, pour boiling water in teapot. My tea routine: fill kettle, dump yesterday's tea bags, remember I didn't turn kettle on, turn kettle on, get clean dog dishes to feed the fur babies, get milk, get skillet and put on burner to warm up, get kibble, empty dishwasher, load dirty flat wear with clean flat wear, remember tea, turn kettle on to reboil, turn off skillet because don't remember why it's on the stove ready to melt, wonder why dogs are staring at me while I eat a bowl of mini wheats. They look from me to the clean empty dishes, finish eating, put kibble in dish and sprinkle cheese over it, leave it on counter to reset kettle again, add tea bags to pot and organize tea and coffee cupboard, remember hungry canines, give them dishes of food, pour juice and take medicines, respond to the click of the kettle begging for mercy, pour water in teapot,search for top of teapot, find in dishwasher, add milk to my cup and wait for tea to steep, pup pups outside, turn on tv, have mini rest, remember I made tea and pour myself a cup. Sit down with iPad forgetting about tea until it is cold. Pour another cup.

A similar process follows involving the bed, washing machine, dryer, toilet and spare room. Everything I do takes a loooong time. Shopping, even with a list is horrible. This should begin to clear up I suppose when I'm detoxified. I can't wait to have a memory. As I sat waiting for the show to begin at JP Cormier's B-day bash last night I had no idea why I was there. I had to ask hubby. I thought I might have been waiting for a magic show to begin.

The last thing I will mention is a sore tongue. I don't get sores but my tongue is sensitive so it hurts to eat and drink. Obviously it hasn't slowed me down though.I say Thank God for this side effect. Imagine how much I would weigh if I could eat everything I wanted. I would be wearing a moo moo, typing with pencils, eating hot wings being fed to me via a conveyer belt. Small blessings indeed.

Well, it is time for a nap so I will say adieu to you, and you and you :o)

Cheers
Jeannie

PS. I don't always post my blog entries to Facebook. If you don't want to miss any of the mind blowing, riveting, titillating (lol, had to use that word)entries written by this literary genius I strongly suggest you subscribe to the site. You will get an e-mail when I update. Otherwise, you may not be able to keep up socially at the water cooler. Just saying...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Luv that you said you were "watching" Zumba - I too like to watch exercise shows... then I thought you were talking 'bout me ... wearing a moo moo and typing with pencils ... hmmm body check - no moo moo - whew!