Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just discovered the secret to weight loss

Yesterday, Chris and I finished putting the treadmill together. Now there's the test of a marriage! It's right up there with hanging wallpaper or putting up a tent together in the dark. Apparently I don't know how to use a screwdriver! He'll find out how well I can use a screwdriver one of these days!

I have a lot of weight to lose...about 30 lbs. Breast cancer patients are more prone to weight gain than other cancer patients. Well the ones that don't throw up constantly or have chronic diarrhea. I put on a bit more than the average patient though. Being overweight prior to chemo I have compound weight to lose. In the end however, eating made me feel better and helped combat the nausea. It was well earned.

I emphasize that listening to your body and taking care of it is very important. Losing weight to look good is one incentive. Primarily I would like to be able to pull off yoga poses without having to redistribute my fat from side to side. I also have to lose my ass vagina...you know what I mean by ass vagina. If not, look it up on the Net. Carrying around this weight isn't good either. Pack groceries in a bag that equals the desired weight you want to lose and run up and down the stairs. See how heavy that is....it's tough. I will probably stroke out or have a heart attack if I try running up the stairs without the groceries. So it's actually an assumption. My ass vagina, however is very real.

I have surgery in one week. My goal is to lose 3 lbs between now and then. I am going to add a new page to this Blog to record the weight loss challenge as soon as I learn how to do it.

Well I am off for now. Don't forget to BOOK and KEEP your mammogram appointments. Gigantic hugs and healthy vibes to all my friends who have done so. I am very proud of you! Spread the word. It's bad enough we get breast cancer. Let's catch it early and to do that get screened!

Cheers
Jeannie

PS.  Oh yea, the secret to weight loss is to eat fewer calories than you burn.  Who knew, pfff!

3 comments:

Judy said...

I've been following your post for a while, FYI I'm 45 & have a mamogram every year. I just wanted to wish you well on Feb.1st. It takes guts to share such an intimate journey with strangers. Thank you for sharing and encouraging all to have a mamogram.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeannie, say that broadcast, you did great. We are proud of you.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha I saw you broadcast...not say it...duh :)