Sunday, December 4, 2011

My new hair


As it turns out my special little guy, Landen, age 5 was pretty upset about my hair loss.  Although warned what was going to happen he started to cry when his mother showed him a picture of me with my buzzed head.  I can't tolerate the wig so I knew I had to deal with this situation.  So I put on the wig and a cap and took a trip to the Dollarama for $20 worth the sticky bling, feathers and markers. 
Off to North Sydney for a new hair do.  When Landen came home from school he gave me a look of confusion...I could almost read his mind.  Why does she have so much hair now?  Why does it look like THAT?  He gave me a hug but it was filled with apprehension.  After he had a good look I left for an hour.

When I returned I told him I still had no hair.  He was confused but I asked him to remove my cap for me.  He did.  Then I asked him to remove the wig.  He didn't really understand but eventually understood to pull it off for me.  Lily (2 years) was floored - literally- plopping to the ground with her mouth wide open.  Quickly I told Landen my hair was growing back and to touch my scalp which did have a tiny bit of stubble.  I explained that we needed to decorate it and showed him all the craft stuff. 

I sat in the middle of the floor and it didn't take very long for the fun to begin.  As you can see by the photos they did not restrict themselves from decorating my entire head, chin to spine. 

I would like to thank my own girl child Hannah for helping me remove the ink with makeup remover.  I know the bruises will heal eventually  :o) 

I have a feeling that Landen may be a bit disappointed when my real hair does grow.  There will be nothing sticky going near my head when that happens.

Cheers
Jeannie

No comments: