Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm back!

Wow, it feels like a very long time since I have taken the time to update my blog. As it turns out, the seroma was finally small enough that I can now start radiation. I was very excited and mildly disappointed. I had decided that if I was expected to wait another week for the fluid to reabsorb I would do my waiting in the Dominican. I was then informed that my radiation would not be scheduled until late the following week so they would push it ahead a few more days to allow me a vacation. I was totally ecstatic! I danced out of the hospital and drove like a demon to get home. I went on the 'Net and booked a vacation immediately. I decided to take my girl child with me because Chris would never be able to go on a trip with only a few minutes notice. He's such a girl. I had to buy all new clothes because this years body was not going to fit in anything I wore last year. I was also under direct doctors orders to keep the sun off my chest. I sat under the grass umbrellas every day with my legs sticking out drinking beer and rum. It was great. My final bit of news is that I received my Carb Lovers Diet books from Amazon. I have to buy food and I am very excited to start this lifestyle. Perhaps by the end of summer I will be back to a normal (for me) weight. I look forward to that day as much as I look forward to my last day of radiation. I am so blessed and thankful to have so much to look forward to in life.

Cheers
Jeannie

1 comment:

Joyce Nicholson said...

Hi Jeannie, thanks for allowing me to comment on your blog. Let me first say that I saw you in Sobeys one day and could tell by the big smile you gave me that you were incredibly positive and a happy soul. I was wondering if you were interested in trying a vegetarian lifestyle? There is an awesome book that is life changing called "The China Studay" and I think it's the FOOD BIBLE...lol All the best and if you have any questions, I've been vegetarian for 10 years and have some very delicious recipes. Cheers :)